A Comprehensive Guide on Turkish citizenship
Turkish citizenship, its stages, and methods of obtaining it, with a comprehensive set of tips and directions, in addition to all the inquiries raised about Turkish citizenship and satisfactory answers.
Ways to obtain Turkish Citizenship
In Türkiye, the main ways to become a naturalized citizen are outlined with specific information on the necessary documents, procedures, and associated expenses.
Features and strength of the Turkish passport
According to the passportindex.org the Turkish passport ranks 35th in the world, allows entry to more than 76 countries without a visa, and more than 51 countries with a visa issued at the airport immediately upon arrival.
- The Turkish passport ranks 35th globally in 2023
- Ease of obtaining a Schengen visa to enter the European Union
- Easy access to the American Green Card
- Entry to 76 countries without a visa and 51 countries with a visa at the airport
- Free education for children and benefit from retirement programs
- Gives voting rights to all types of elections
- Dual citizenship with any other country is allowed
Obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment
In 2018, the Turkish government issued a naturalization decision, which enables investors to obtain Turkish citizenship
- Issuance of the naturalization law
The Turkish president issues a decision granting foreigners owning a ready-made property worth 250 thousand dollars the right to obtain Turkish citizenship starting from 19/09/2018
- Properties under construction
A new amendment was issued granting foreigners owning a property under construction worth 250 thousand dollars the right to obtain Turkish citizenship starting from 19/09/2018
- Amendment of the naturalization law
A new presidential decree includes amendments to obtaining Turkish citizenship in exchange for buying a property in Turkey worth$ 400,000, to be effective on 13.06.2022
Text of the Turkish Naturalization Law
In the year 2022, the Turkish government issued the naturalization decision, which enables investors to obtain Turkish citizenship
May 13, 2022 Official Gazette Issue: 31834
Resolution number: 5554
The executive regulations for amending the executive regulations related to the application of the Turkish Nationality Law
Article 1- The phrase “250,000” was changed to “400,000” in the text of item b of the second paragraph of Article 20 of the executive regulations related to the implementation of the Turkish Nationality Law, which entered into force by Cabinet Resolution No. 139/2010 dated 11/2/2010 .
Article 2- Clause f has also been added to the second paragraph of Article 20 of the executive regulations related to the application of the nationality law, to come after clause e of the aforementioned article with the following text: (One of the conditions that qualify for applying for Turkish citizenship in exchange for a deposit:
“F) Contributing a share of US $500,000 or its equivalent in Turkish lira or its equivalent in foreign exchange, in one of the financial funds specified by the Institution for Regulation and Supervision of Private Retirement Insurance Affairs, provided that the process of depositing this share is officially documented by the said institution, Provided that this share is kept for a period of three years.
(10) The currency amounts mentioned in items b, ç, d, e, f of the second paragraph shall be deposited in one of the banks operating in the Turkish banking sector, and this bank shall in turn sell these amounts to the Central Bank of Turkey, before initiating transactions to prove the right to advance for Turkish citizenship.
Article 3 - The articles of this regulation shall enter into force as follows:
The first article enters into force one month after the publication of the regulations.
The rest of the articles shall enter into force from the date of publication of the regulations.
Article 4- The President of the Republic shall facilitate the implementation of the provisions of this regulation.
General conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- Reaching the age of majority as defined by the laws of his country or the laws of Turkey in the case of stateless persons.
- Free from any disease that threatens public health.
- Have a good attitude.
- He has enough income for his livelihood in Turkey.
- It does not pose a threat to national security and public order.
- Buy a property or many properties with a value of 400.000 USD.
- Copy of the title deed (title deed of the purchased property)
- Valid real estate appraisal report (validity of the report is 3 months)
- Original payment receipts from the buyer's account, stamped with the stamp of the sending bank
- Original receipts from the seller's account, stamped with the stamp of the receiving bank
- Two copies of the agency for the application for citizenship
- Translate the passport into Turkish, certify it from the notary in Turkey for all family members: husband, wife, children under 18 years old.
- Registration and approval of the application
- Sending the documents to the relevant department
- Preliminary file study
- Extended study, archiving and then transferring the documents to the competent authority for evaluation
- Entering the file within the naturalization list for approval in the Cabinet of ministers
- Making a decision about the application
- Reporting the result
Projects suitable for Turkish citizenship
See the best properties for sale in Turkey at affordable prices for Turkish citizenship through real estate investment
Luxurious apartments for sale in Maslak, European Istanbul. This project is located in a vital and strategic location in one of the most luxurious neighborhoods in Istanbul, with high-quality investment advantages.Istanbul - SariyerCash and Installment960,000$
Apartments for sale in Sariyer in European Istanbul, a luxury project located in a strategic location in one of the most luxurious neighborhoods of Istanbul, and offers a wide range of investment and residential featuresIstanbul - SariyerCash and Installment1,270,000$
Apartments for sale in Atakent, Istanbul European. The project is located close to important transportation arteries, including TEM, Basın Ekspres, E-5, Northern Marmara MotorwayIstanbul - KucukcekmeceCash and Installment443,000$
Apartments for sale in European Istanbul, Zeytinburnu. The project is located in the historical heart of Istanbul, Topkapı.Istanbul - ZeytinburnuCash and Installment439,000$
Connect with us
Let us help you buy your property
Testimonials of clients who have obtained Turkish citizenship
We were with them step by step from the airport until receiving the key and then the passport
YemenFollowing the experience of a friend who purchased a property in Turkey, I have been interested in the purchase process, costs, and current trends in the Turkish market
YemenI preferred condominiums because it can be meant as an investment at first and possible later as housing. The return is actually quite good, frankly.
Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaJust give us the specifications of your ideal property, the Skyline IST team will take you on a free tour to find the projects that match your desire
Articles about the Turkish Citizenship
Articles related to the topic of Turkish citizenship
Turkish citizenship News
News related to the topic of Turkish citizenship
Many individuals interested in purchasing and investing in land in Turkey frequently contemplate the issue of land prices in the country.
This article discusses the prices of apartments in Fatih, along with factors influencing them and highlighting some area features.
When talking about the sale of real estate in Turkey to foreigners, there are many details that must be considered regarding the statistics of the first quart